Monday, December 31, 2012

Watch Me Jumpstart

Right before last New Year I had a sinus infection and had to go to the doctor.  I got on the scale and almost fainted.  My blood pressure was ridiculous.  The doctor even made a crack about me not missing any meals.  I was pretty depressed and promised myself that getting this under control was a my goal for the coming year.

This is me in November 2011.

So I kicked ass this year.  Thanks to my wife who got me a gym membership, I've lost about 50 pounds.  I started in March on the treadmill and soon added walks with Julia when the weather warmed up.  I started the stationary bike in July and added lifting weights in August.  I also listened to a shit ton of music, which is always a great motivation.

Hey same clothes!  December 2012.

My New Year's Resolution this year is even more important than last year's.  I need to keep the weight off.  I've lost weight in the past only to fall out of my exercise habits and slowly watch the weight come back.  Last year was the easy part.  This year will be more difficult, but I have faith I can achieve my goal. 

My theme song this past year was "Keep It In Motion" by Guided By Voices.  I muttered this phrase to myself many times when I didn't feel up to doing the extra ten minutes on the bike or when I didn't feel like spending an hour walking in snow flurries.  It shall be my theme song this year.  Hell, it has become a way of life.

No comments: