Friday, December 14, 2012

Let Me Roll It

My thoughts on the Hurricane Sandy Relief show earlier this week:

-Always love hearing the E Street Band.  Really liked hearing "My City Of Ruins."  Don't really care for Jon Bon Jovi joining in on "Born to Run," but I understand it probably brought the house down with so many Jersey residents in attendance.

-I really regret not going to see Roger Waters do The Wall last year.  Who is this guy, though?  He looks like he is having a blast up there.  Eddie Vedder guesting on "Comfortably Numb" was fantastic.

-Yeah, The Stones look old.  But damn, Keith Richards rules.  What is he 70?  Yet, he could take every new rock band to school.  There will never be another Keith Richards so every opportunity to see him is gold.  It is pure bliss watching him rip into the opening riff of "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

-The Who are touring Quadrophenia.  I've heard show reports that have been pretty positive.  I thought they ruled.  I am super pumped up for the show in Columbus in February after seeing them last night.  Remember the Super Bowl performance?  It was the exact opposite of that.

-Can't say I've really listened to much Coldplay, but I did enjoy Chris Martin and Michael Stipe doing "Losing My Religion."  That was a nice surprise.

-I don't get all the negative feedback about McCartney playing with the remaining members of Nirvana.  I thought the song was cool.  I will listen to anything with Dave Grohl drumming, but I think the highlight was Pat Smear grinning the whole time.  It was awesome seeing those guys get an opportunity like that after what they went through at the end of Nirvana.

-Paul's performance reminded me of seeing him last summer.  What a great night.

So yeah, not the greatest musical night of all time, but I admit I liked it a lot more than I was expecting.  Now, is it February yet?


No comments: