Monday, December 3, 2012

New Day Rising

Morning Walk: The dB's-Repercussion

What an absolutely beautiful morning.  Every Monday before go into work I take Julia for a walk.  At 60 degrees and slightly cloudy, today would have been nice for September, let alone December 3rd.  I'll take it.  My Monday morning walk is key to my exercise agenda during the week.  It is a short walk but it sets the tone for the rest of the week.  Miss it and I'm playing catch up all week.  It is also important to get Julia out.  We've found that when we get her out and about she is happier and more social.  Lots of pressure on Monday!

I've settled into a pretty good flow with my exercise.  I go to the gym four or five times a week and ride the stationary bike.  For these workouts I use my "Under Pressure" playlist.  This basically consists of my favorite albums of all time.  I balance out the gym with walks with Julia and longer ones around our neighborhood.  I try not to burn myself out by doing just one type of exercise.  For the walks I use my "Workout" playlist.  This consists of me picking a certain artist and loading up their discography in chronological order and slowly getting through it.  I've been listening to The dB's of late.

At the gym after work I listened to New Day Rising by Husker Du.  I just finished Bob Mould's book See A Little Light and really enjoyed it.  I am not sure New Day Rising is my favorite Husker Du album, but it does have "Celebrated Summer" and "I Apologize," my two favorite Husker Du songs, so it won it's Under Pressure status.  I imagine there will be other Husker Du albums showing up before it is all said and done.

So now you are all caught up on my exercise agenda.  How interesting!  As a reward for reading that I give you more entries in The Grand Spotify Adventure:

(Left off with UK Subs-Down on the Farm)

The Damned-Neat Neat Neat
The Undertones-Teenage Kicks
Buzzcocks-Why Can't I Touch It?
Wire-Outdoor Miner
Gang of Four-I Found That Essence Rare
Television-Venus
Big Star-September Gurls
The Replacements-Little Mascara
Nick Lowe-The Beast In Me
Joe Jackson-Steppin' Out
Prefab Sprout-Faron
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions-Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?
Echo and the Bunnymen-The Cutter
Velvet Underground-I Can't Stand It
Love-Andmoreagain
13th Floor Elevators-Don't Fall Down
Skip Spence-All Come To Meet Her
Spirit-Nature's Way
The Pink Fairies-City Kids

Also, a picture of Julia at Halloween:




No comments: