Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Twenty-Two

I've wrote before how I am using the Under Pressure list for my workouts on the stationary bike as a list for my favorite albums.  My goal is to figure out my top 500 albums.  As you will see below, I am not even attempting putting them in order.  I had intended to post the albums here fifteen at a time, but I got a little behind this week, so here are the first twenty-two.  These albums can officially drink now.

Guns N Roses-Appetite for Destruction
Cheap Trick-In Color
Neil Young & Crazy Horse-Zuma
Big Star-Radio City
Sugar-Copper Blue
Beatles-Revolver
Beatles-Rubber Soul
Boston Spaceships-Zero to 99
Replacements-Let It Be
Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak
Guided by Voices-Isolation Drills
Minutemen-Double Nickels on the Dime
Husker Du-New Day Rising
Elvis Costello & The Attractions-Get Happy!!
Pixies-Doolittle
David Bowie-The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Neutral Milk Hotel-In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Go Betweens-16 Lovers Lane
Nirvana-In Utero
Beach Boys-Pet Sounds
Pearl Jam-Vitalogy
Grateful Dead-American Beauty

Quick fact:  One of my favorite Flyers of all time, Marques Bennett, wore number 22.  He is the basketball equivalent of listening to Double Nickels on the Dime.  Here is a picture of Mr. Bennett during the game that he scored five points in five seconds and was named MVP of the Dayton/Xavier game many years back.  Now that was a fun day.

No comments: