Friday, December 7, 2012

I Got the Blues

Finished up The dB's on my morning walk and moved on to Outkast.  I don't have a lot of their stuff in my music library but I am checking out their first album right now on Spotify.  Pretty cool.  I remember reading somewhere that the group cited Kraftwerk as an influence.  I was intrigued but for some reason never really checked them out until "Hey Ya!" became the biggest song in the world.  When I first heard the song I told a friend, a big hip-hop fan, that I thought "Hey Ya!" sounded like a Cheap Trick song.  I later read that The Ramones where the influence on that song.  I wasn't far off.

I've got the Pixies Doolittle queued for the bike this afternoon.  I have seven straight days of exercise in and will be ahead of my goal.  I think I've earned my rest day tomorrow.  First, though, I have to a get my quarterly haircut.  I hate getting my haircut these days because it seems like every time I go there is more and more gray hair on the floor.

So now I'm depressed.  Luckily, I have a good cure for the blues.




No comments: