Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Roll It Up the Hill

Yesterday was fantastic.  Today was the opposite.  It was as if the world remembered it was December and snapped it's fingers, taking us right back to rainy and cold weather.  As quickly as the wonderful weather came in, it was gone.  Despite the ugliness outside, I did manage to get a three plus mile walk in.  The rain let up enough to knock that out,  though it was not as much as I would have liked to get in.

I listened to The dB's Like This on the walk.  I bought their first two albums Stands for Decibels and Repercussion years ago and really enjoyed them.  This past year they reunited with a new album so I decided to check out their other two albums Like This and The Sound of MusicLike This is slightly more slick than the first two albums, but I enjoyed it.  I am a huge fan of the jangle element and this band's unique blend of jangle and new wave is right up my alley.

I ended my walk pretty early so my wife and I have been watching the X-Files.  We are about to watch the episode "Soft Light" which was written by Vince Gilligan (BREAKING BAD FAME!) and stars Tony Shalhoub (MONK FAME!).  Too much nerd overload going on here.  Luckily the UDF by my house started carrying these for a buck fifty.  Score?  Yes, score.


No comments: