Monday, April 6, 2009

This Tornado Loves You

I was going to write yesterday but my wife had homework and I never really got to get on the computer. I had a great walk yesterday and listened to Amon Duul II's wonderful Phallus Dei and Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz. The title track of the first album is all kinds of fantastic noise rock bliss. Check it out if you can; it's twenty minutes and every second is worth the ride.

I got my walk in yesterday before we had all the tornado warnings around here. When I was about eight or nine, on vacation of all times, a tornado hit Sandusky. My siblings and my mom had to hide in the closet of this small cabin as the wind destroyed every tree in our area. Other than being scared out of my mind, I remember two things about this: The next day there were literally thousands of sticks on the ground and the storm had knocked out the Sohio gas station sign. Instead it read ohio, and I thought that was awesome for some reason.

In honor of this, I give you Neko Case and a live version of one of her fantastic new songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6RNYYwRtXU

No comments: