Thursday, April 9, 2009

Me and My Arrow

We watched The Point last night, and I thought it was great. After watching it, I now want to name our first dog Arrow. My wife and I had decided on the name Wilco for our first dog, but I may push for that to be the second name. I will probably lose this battle, but I can dream right? While I am dreaming, I want Arrow to be blue.

I was looking through a CD booklet today and I was struck by two things. First, I don't think I can ever make the full transition to digital music. It is fine with things that are out of print or single songs, but for full albums I really like having the album art work and linear notes. Second, I desperately wish I had a larger creative space in my apartment. Right now I have all of five square feet it seems, and for every creative act I have prep work. For example, if I want to record a song on my 4-track, I have to unplug other items and re-arrange furniture to get a guitar part down. To record vocals, I then have to move all my equipment into a different room and unplug even more items. That is a lot of work for a song that usually lasts 90 seconds.

I also want to start a record label and call it Stumbling Through the Weekend Records. Sound cool? Maybe I can put out the strange tape I found in the park last week as the first release!

3 comments:

BJU said...

The Point. Movie still trips me out. Yes, I am fully on board to assist with the promotion of this mysterious lost tape. And I'm glad that, despite the hassles, you haven't allowed mobility/space restrictions to hamper your creative output! And, yes, I finally have an actual blogger blog. Looking forward to my own creative output, sooner rather than later. My first project, though, will be the tale of the tape. I'll check back in soon...

John said...

Would Brad's band Short Bus make it on the label?

BJU said...

I'm so glad it's to your liking! Looking forward to the next stage and doing all that I can to help in the development of this project!