Friday, November 20, 2009

Catching Up

I've got a bunch of smaller things I've wanted to post but have not gotten around to them lately. So here is a run down of what has been going down in the Perfectly Lethal Universe:

The listening numbers for the station have been the highest since I started the station. I am getting listeners from all over the place and it seems like people are returning after finding the station. This is wonderful! As always, any feedback is appreciated, even if it is something like "Quit playing Krautrock!"

Speaking of Krautrock, I am going to try not to use that term any longer. I like the term Kosmic Music better, so thus forth it shall be referred to as such. I am still blazing away at the list I am collecting from and digging it more and more with each new album.

College basketball has started! This is my favorite time of year. As I did last week, I will probably babble about the Dayton Flyers at length at times on the show. I apologize, but much like the Kosmic Rock situation, this will not be changing. They are off to a good start and play Villanova today. Should be a good game. GO FLYERS!!

I've been watching a ton of movies of late. Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty awful as it seems the season change has finally caught up with me. Thankfully, Turner Classic had The Philadelphia Story on. What a delightful movie. My wife and I also watched Alfred Hitchcock's Rope, a movie I hadn't watched in about a decade or so. It is not one of his classics, but it is definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it. We also watched The Magnificent Ambersons and The Third Man recently. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. I started Days of Wine and Roses last night as I went to sleep. Jack Lemmon may be my favorite actor of all time.

I was planning on having a guest host show up soon. Because of how I've been feeling lately, I am going to have to push this back, but look for this to happen soon. I always like having another voice on the show other than my own to bring another perspective to the show.

Has there been a more meaningless Ohio State-Michigan football game? Ohio State is going to the Rose Bowl and has won at the very least a share of the Big Ten Title. They could lose tomorrow by 50 points and it wouldn't matter whatsoever. Michigan is playing for a bowl bid, but even then, it can't possibly be anything worth the trip. I know that they are playing for bragging rights, which is a big deal in a rivalry such as this one. I just can't imagine getting as excited as in years past. I will probably change my mind when the game starts tomorrow.

And finally, I find nothing more annoying than people who think they are the center of the universe. Instead of going about in this manner, maybe you should try bringing something, anything really, to the table.

No comments: