Thursday, June 25, 2009

The two of us need look no more

The world is ablaze with the news of Michael Jackson's death today.  I don't know exactly how I feel about this.  He is the first singer I can remember really enjoying as a kid (we had the Thriller album, but then, who didn't?), and though I haven't really been much of a fan of his, I will admit to really digging some Jackson Five songs.  I won't pretend to know anything about his life, nor defend him against any of the many allegations that have plagued him for much of his later life.  Everyone has his or her closet, and his has been examined enough.  I've always found the circus a little disturbing, even though he certainly contributed to it.  I will say that there always seemed to be a bit of sadness there, a longing for a normal life that could never be given his circumstances.

Perhaps now he can be at peace.

No comments: