Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Let The Bad Times Roll

This past September the stage was set for a great night out on the town for my wife and I.  Our favorite band Guided By Voices were playing in downtown Dayton at a new festival that featured a bunch of other bands we were excited about seeing.  We waited patiently all summer, very excited about what was sure to be a great night.

The night rolled around and here is how we spent it:


We spent the night in the kitchen eating orzo and listening to long forgotten hits of the 90's on spotify.  Well that, drank a lot.  You see, an incredibly evil insurance company* I won't name saw to it that we couldn't afford to attend.  They required us to do some work on the house that completely wiped out our budget to attend the concert.  Then they dropped us the next month.  Excuse me, I am going to take a break because I need to take a deep breath.

Okay, my blood pressure is returning to normal.  I'll continue.

So we missed perhaps our last chance to see Guided By Voices (note GbV: please tour again).  Pretty horrible story, right?  So why even write about the whole ordeal?  Because it turned out being a great night.  I had a great time singing Everclear songs with my wife in our kitchen.  It was instance where my wife saw I was pretty down and wouldn't allow me to dwell on negative things I can't control.  She took it upon herself to help make the night a good one.  Sure, at the time I was pretty bummed.  But looking back I remember it being a pretty great time.

  *-I will give a hint, it rhymes with the college in Indiana that David Letterman attended.  Fuckers.

No comments: