Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Radio Issues

I had some issues over the weekend with the station. It was a pain. On Friday I went to post the latest show and could not do so. I found an alternate (and much, much more difficult!) way of getting the show loaded on Sunday. After loading the show, though, I realized that the station was only playing the first show on a loop. I was finally able to get the station back on track last night. So we are back in business after an unusual weekend. Hopefully this won't happen very often.

We are coming up on our 20th show for Perfectly Lethal. Time to celebrate! For this occasion, we will have a special guest star. Be sure to tune in.

Not much else has been going on in the Perfectly Lethal universe. I am still plugging away at my 60/70's and Krautrock lists. I am down to about four albums on the 60/70's list. I've been collecting from this list for about a year and a half now. It has been really cool being exposed to music I would never have dreamed of checking out. That is kind of the point, I guess.

I got a bunch of new Go-Betweens albums recently. I really dig those guys. Have you heard 16 Lovers Lane? If so, why not?! There has also been a good amount of new stuff I've been really loving. Pearl Jam's Backspacer is nice. At first the second side of the album seemed kind of weak, but it has been really growing on me. Yo La Tengo's new album Popular Songs is great, but the poor sequencing makes sure that I will probably never listen to it all the way through again in one sitting. Paul Westerberg decided to put out a new one without telling anyone. It is cool, kind of a mix of his late 90's songwriting and his new basement approach from the last couple. Anything Paul does is worth a listen.

No comments: