Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Rules

I haven't updated in a while due to me being incredibly busy. I know, that doesn't seem to compute. Fact is, the last week and a half I've been running around like crazy. But things have slowed finally, and I am back with new updates that I know you are all dying to read about.

The most important thing, as far as this blog goes, is my new birthday present. My lovely wife got me a brand new iPod. It has 120 gigs, which is 116 more than my last one. Needless to say, I am pretty psyched about it.

In honor of this (and a facebook thing I filled out today), I have decided to rip off the Onion AV Club and talk about what comes up on my new shuffle. Sweet, eh?

"Outro with Bees"-Neko Case

This is a live version from her Austin City Limits album. I really like this song.

"Backwater Television"-Circus Devils

Those tricky bastards in the Circus Devils. This one is from Ataxia rocks and has some pretty good melodies between the ragged guitars and rough and tumble drums.

"Taxman, Mr. Thief"-Cheap Trick

A classic. Man, that chorus is fantastic. I could listen to it all day long, and probably would have if I didn't have to work today. Thanks a lot work for keeping me from my beloved Cheap Trick. Has anyone seen my shirt?

"For Me & My Gal"-Harry Nilsson

Nilsson is gold. This one is from his standards album. For anyone looking to hear what "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" done up by Nilsson sounds like, this is your album.

"Magic Trick"-M Ward

I really like this track. It sounds like an Imagine outtake by John Lennnon. That is a very good compliment.

That was fun. Maybe I can get back on track on.

No comments: