Friday, May 1, 2009

British. Freakbeat. Pyschedelia.

It's Friday after payday, which means I am eagerly awaiting my latests batch of CDs to come in. I've got a couple coming that I am really looking forward to (Beefheart!*), but I am unreasonably excited to get my Wimple Winch album. That's right, Wimple Winch. I don't know much about this band from post-Beatles Liverpool, but the words British Freakbeat Pyschedelia have me foaming at the mouth. Doesn't that just sound wonderful?

Speaking of wonderful, I've had the Paul Westerberg song "Crackle and Drag" in my head all day. I have one line in particular that keeps popping up, one about turning 30. Do you think my brain is trying to tell me something? Anyways, if you are not familiar with this song you should check it out. It's wonderful and slightly devestating at the same time.

*-Tip: Anytime I want to really annoy my wife, I start singing "Ella Guru" and let her take it from there. It gets stuck in her head for hours and she gets more and more upset about this as time passes.

No comments: