Sunday, January 15, 2012

Amazing Journey

In the past two years I've completed Alpha/Omega - basically listening to Robert Pollard's entire catalog. No repeating songs and no listening to anything else. It takes about two weeks. No doubt inspired by this, I've begun doing the same thing with other artists except I do allow myself to listen to other things. Because you need some variety.

I decided to use this process as a prompt to write about these artists. When I listen to these albums, many memories come rushing back that I want to get down. Because memories fade. I see this as a good opportunity to tell the story of the 2o year evolution to my current status of full-blown music nerd. There are so many stories, some boring, some great, and listening through these albums brings them all back.

Or, at the very least I can tell the story about how I got the album Shit, Shower, and Shave for Christmas from my high school girlfriend's parents.

No comments: