Friday, January 22, 2010

Don't Mess With the Who

It's been a very busy month, hence, no updates. Have no fear, though, plenty has been going on in the Perfectly Lethal Universe.

-We recorded a special round table show for the 50th edition of the Perfectly Lethal Radio Show. It is up now. It was a absolute blast to do, and I would love to do more in the future. Overall, the song choices were top notch, the discussions insightful, and the flow of the show turned out great. My only apologies go to the Who, one of my favorite bands, who got it on the chin a little. Believe me, I've paid for this.

-For show 54, I used a word generator to make the set list. The flow was a little off, and for the last song, I was forced to play a song I haven't listened to in about 15 years. There was also a lot of swearing in the song. I must say, I thought it was one of the better shows we've done!

-A new dog runs the halls of the Perfectly Lethal Studios, so if you hear any barking in the background of the shows, you know it is just our new dog showing approval for any David Cassidy solo songs we may be playing. Strangely, she will not be the first dog to appear on the show.

-The Ruetschle/Nick Kizirnis/Textbook Committee show at Canal St. last weekend was pretty good. Nothing like hearing a set that opens with "Finks."

So that pretty much brings us up to date. I am really looking forward to the new Spoon, Magnetic Fields, and Vampire Weekend albums to get on the show in the near future. Until then, though, enjoy more Murray Head songs.


No comments: